I'm a big fan of Stack Overflow and I tend to contribute regularly (am currently in the top 0.X%). In this category (stackoverflow) of posts, I will be posting my top rated questions and answers. This, btw, is allowed as explained in the meta thread here.
As you may know, I'm really into Ionic framework lately and am helping out on StackOverflow with the knowledge I gained so far with the framework. I'm in the top All time answerers list.
I think I know the answer to this question already but thought I would throw it out there incase there was a workaround....
Just built a ionic app with ngcordova, which works fine and I have tested on my android device and deployed to playstore.
Just in the process of deploying to the apple app store. I currently don't have an apple ios physical device to test the cordova plugins.
I am using sms, camera and local notification. These as far as am aware cannot be tested in the ios simulator in xcode.
Don't really want to spend £400 on a tablet to test one app.. any one had the same problem and found a means of testing?
My answer was:
You can test plugins in iOS simulator.
edit: I just stumbled upon the official documentation where it states that even with Ionic View you can test these plugins:
- com.brodysoft.sqlitePlugin 1.0.3 "Brodysoft SQLitePlugin"
- com.ionic.keyboard 1.0.3 "Keyboard"
- com.phonegap.plugins.barcodescanner 1.1.0 "BarcodeScanner"
- org.apache.cordova.battery-status 0.2.12 "Battery"
- org.apache.cordova.camera 0.3.4 "Camera"
- org.apache.cordova.console 0.2.12 "Console"
- org.apache.cordova.device 0.2.13 "Device"
- org.apache.cordova.device-motion 0.2.11 "Device Motion"
- org.apache.cordova.device-orientation 0.3.10 "Device Orientation"
- org.apache.cordova.dialogs 0.2.11 "Notification"
- org.apache.cordova.geolocation 0.3.11 "Geolocation"
- org.apache.cordova.globalization 0.3.3 "Globalization"
- org.apache.cordova.network-information 0.2.14 "Network Information"
- org.apache.cordova.vibration 0.3.12 "Vibration"
- org.chromium.zip 1.0.0 "Zip"
— Nikola Brežnjak (@HitmanHR) October 20, 2015