In this post, I'll share the infamous 8Questions™ that we use when onboarding a new team member. Each person sends the answers to these questions in a written form prior to the first 1on1 with their manager.
- What is the last awesome thing you learned and what do you want to learn next?
- Tell me about three (or more) things you've accomplished in the last year that you are proud of
- What are a few things that you wanted to achieve in the previous year but didn't get to yet?
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
- What is your current biggest frustration (if any)?
- What are your aspirations for yourself and/or the company in the next 1-2 years?
- In what ways do you think I can help you the most?
- Is there anything else you want me to know/any concerns you have?